Thursday, February 15, 2018

Adventure Awaits

The new Inspired By Challenge is up... and believe me... my own challenge and I was stumped :)  However, I decided to go with the sketch of the inspiration picture and then created a layout.  The first layout of hubby and my Mediterranean Cruise last summer for our 25th wedding anniversay.  I highly recommend it!

I used the Explore collection by Authentique Paper.  It was perfect for the theme of course. I cut the title with my Silhouette.

We went on a Celebrity Cruise and LOVED it!   I tucked bits of ephemera in the 'globe' along with a little photo of the ship and us enjoying one of the delicious meals. 

In keeping with the sketch I added a little circle element in the top corner as well.  This mimics the area of the map of the tour.  Yep, we went around the boot. 

It was an amazing vacation.  We spent 3 days in Barcelona before we left and then 3 days in Venice at the end.  The cruise was 9 nights.  We made the most of every stop.  It was HOT, hubby likes the heat, me not so much but being a teacher.... summer travel is what we do. 

I printed out the map of the itinerary and punched it out as a circle in keeping with the theme and sketch.  


Here is the inspiration photo.... Can you see how I was inspired?  How does it inspire you?  I would love to see, so be sure to hop on over and play along.


I'm also playing at:


3 comments:

Danni Reid said...

absolutely love your layout Laurel!

Jeanne said...

Awesome layout, Laurel. The first of many to showcase this fantastic trip you went on. I really like how you incorporated the circles and you get a great sense of the fun and excitement for this trip. Excellent!

LeAnne said...

LOL, I had to laugh that your own challenge challenged you! I am glad you highlighted this wonderful trip...what a way to celebrate 25 years! Wonderful!

01 09 10