Friday, July 14, 2017

Sweet summer treats

When I saw the inspiration at Cupcake Inspirations... I knew which paper I wanted to use, the striped paper from the SU! Tasty Treat collection.  Which paired nicely with a couple more challenges so I had fun playing with these stamps from Sunny Studio.
First up the Perfect Popsicle set... but I created fudgesicles (which are so summer to me... one of my favorites as a kid!) 


Once again, I cut the sentiment apart before adhering.  Don't those fudgesicles look good enough to eat?!  One of them is mounted on foam squares. 

The sketch is from:


Next up... chocolate ice cream...yum!  I used the Two Scoops stamp set I kept it simple (inspired by a card I saw somewhere on Pinterest)  with a tone on tone die but I did add a striped canopy at the top of the card... ice cream shoppe kind of look.

Once again... that ice cream looks good enough to eat!


Playing along with: 

Finally, I had to create something with the Sweet Shoppe stamp set.  I did paper piecing on this one. 

Don't you love the look of the textured cardstock from MME?  Works well here doesn't it? The cupcake is mounted on foam squares. 


Here is the inspiration picture... how fun!





4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Laurel, these are all so much fun!

Jeanne said...

A trio of delight for sure. Each card has summer goodies that do indeed look good enough to eat. Fudgesicles are a fave of mine and so is chocolate ice-cream, so these treats are right up my alley. I also like the use of the diagonal stripes to mimic an ice-cream shoppe. All the cards look terrific. Well done! :)

CupcakeInspirations said...

What a delicious collection of cards! Fabulous use of this week's colors at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie

Vicki Finger said...

Such fun cards and I love the Kraft Card with these colors! Thanks so much for joining us for The Challenge this week.

01 09 10