Thursday, March 16, 2017

Inspired By #1

Do you remember when I had the Inspired By Challenges?  Well... I just may start them again... although will be on this blog... and I won't promise that they will be every week :)  But here goes my first one:

I was pretty literal with this one.  

I created a card and then just thought it would also make a good seed packet so I kept going.

First up, the card.  I used the Bloom Collection by Crate Paper. it is such a pretty package of papers and I love all of the plaid and gingham in it.  I then stamped the plate and utensils from the Table Service stamp set by Papertrey Ink and yes I did fussy cut those utensils... thank goodness for the Micro-tip scissors from CTMH.  I then stamped the sage from the Good Thymes stamp set.  I watercolored it using some watered down ink...  Easy peesy - I am no water colorer... I'm a paper piecer! I then just stamped a sentiment from the Good Thymes stamp set onto kraft created a tag and adhere onto the card along with the sprig of sage.  
Now to create the seed packet, I used the Garden Variety stamp set by Papertrey Ink, along with the coordinating die.  I also die cut the package using the Seed Packet die and of course stamped and colored the sage image from the Good Thymes stamp set.  All tied off with some May Arts twine.  

Would love to see what you come up with from the Inspiration :)



2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I remember those challenges! How fun that you will do them again from time to time. Your first offering is delightful. I am a fan of gingham, too. The little place setting looks fabulout. I also really like the seed pack being in kraft. The green ink looks great on kraft! Fun, fun, fun!

Karen Day said...

I used to love them! I am thrilled to see how much you're crafting these days - you've got such a unique style, and I missed getting my regular fix :o) Have you done any signs/home decor stuff lately??

01 09 10