Monday, May 23, 2016

Tough Decisions....

Today is a sad day for me in the crafting world.  I have made the final decisions to step down from my last 2 design teams.  I guess I am officially retiring from crafting.  Over the last couple of years I have been slowly cutting back on commitments but My Mind's Eye was so dear to my heart that I just couldn't do it.  We had some family trouble a few years ago and through all of that I lost my mojo and love for crafting.  My design teams are what kept me crafting.  Family life is great now, and I do enjoy my crafting again, but the desire is not completely back.  I am so busy with my Jamberry and my grand daughter that I could never find time for crafting.  What used to be a nightly occurrence now squeaking in time for design team commitments was proving difficult.  So I made the final decisions and have stepped away from My Mind's Eye and Scrapbook Adhesives, my last 2 design teams.  I am up on both blogs today.  My Mind's Eye was the hardest decision for me.  I have been on that team for many years and still remember the day one summer when I got the email asking if I would like to be on the team.... a dream come true!

I do hope to get back into regular crafting one day.  Right now though I am enjoying the things I am doing and in fact... my daughter and grand daughter spent the night last night and I think I hear some noises... the little one should be up soon :)

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

Laurel, I'm not going to say goodbye because when the time is right, you might be back! Family is first...always. Thanks for all of the awesome inspiration through the years...keep in touch!

Teresa Kline said...

You are a true inspiration....follow your heart always! Wishing you so much happiness, luv watching your life on ig and of course the sweeeet granddaughter!

hugs *~*

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Have fun with that little cutie! I can't imagine you not scrapbooking all her big moments, but perhaps not having crafting "work" will help inspire!

Karen Day said...

Laurel, enjoy your family time, and whatever else may come your way! I've been following you since way back to your CTMH days, so I'm hopeful that when the timing is right, we'll see you back designing up a storm :o)

Becca Sadler said...

Continuing best wishes for your journey in this world we call life! We all have stages and phases, and I so identify. I've just finished a one year "sabbatical" from teaching. I resigned a pretty good position and school environment so that my husband and I could concentrate on relocating to be geographically closer to my mother. We're not totally ready yet, but I do have a contract for a district only 24 miles from my mom's home!

No need to apologize. As creative, skilled, and talented along with a multi-tasker diva that you are, I have confidence that some future time we will see your artistic creations!!!!!

Jeanne said...

To everything there is a season and right now your season is your family and other interests. It must be so hard to leave something you have enjoyed so, but I respect your decision to do what it right for you right now. I wish you all the best and say a grateful thank you for all the wonderful inspiration you have shared. Keep sharing from time to time, if you've created a card or layout just for fun. :) Take care, Laurel! Hugs!!

Lisa Lara said...

I so understand Laurel. Thank you for the time you have shared your talents with us! I just love your layered style because it is YOU! Hugs.

Shelly said...

Some things are never easy...though you did what is best for you and that is what is important. ;)
I'll miss seeing your beautiful projects! And I wish you nothing but the best! Take care, hugs!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Totally understand -- and I hope you enjoy every moment with your grandaby!! xoxoxo <3

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Thank you so much for all of your inspirTion through the years! I hope you enjoy all your new found time and hope to see you back from time to time!

01 09 10