Saturday, December 19, 2015

Some last minute Christmas Cards

Yep, I did it… I ran out of Christmas cards!  I still need a few more so guess what I will be doing the next couple of days?!

Today I used my Claus & Co by Simple Stories to create a trio of cards.  I love this collection and had a hard time breaking into it… so many great designs and pieces I want to save them :)


First up I played along with the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and came up with this card.  The tags are actually panels cut from a piece of the pattern paper, I just made them into tags.



The next card I created I had fun with.  I fussy cut the tree from another panel in the pattern paper and then I mounted it on foam squares. The other bits are pieces of pattern paper and stickers from the collection.  I then topped it with a die cut from the Merry & Bright die from Simon Says…. playing along of course with the Simon Says challenge - Die Crazy


Finally, as always I try to create a skinny card to use up the strip of card stock left over when I cut 2 41/4 X 5 1/2 cards from a 12 X 12 piece.  I used some of the chipboard frames and backed them with pieces of pattern paper.  Of course finishing off with some messy stitching and staples.  Both of which I love using :)


All of the cards are created with the Color Q challenge for this week:



11 comments:

Arielle H Gordon said...

Adorable card Laurel!!! I love the scrappy look and the stitching is perfect! Thank you so much for playing along!

Lin said...

What a great set of cards, Laurel - I love Simple Stories products! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Linda Callahan said...

Fabulous last minute cards! Love all of yr layers and details! Glad you shared one at FMS!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards, Miss Lady!!

Bananastamper said...

Fun holiday cards, great colour combo! Happy Holidays Laurel! Good luck getting them all out, I have a bunch to get into the mail today, sure hope I don't run out!
Shanna :)

Jen Mitchell said...

These cards are so festive and so full of amazing details! Love them! So glad you played along with us at colourQ and Freshly Made Sketches!

Jeanne said...

These are fantastic and pure Laurel signature cards. I can see why you didn't want to mess the papers up, but it was so worth it to create these great cards. :)

~amy~ said...

Oh so FUN!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful collection of cards. Love them all. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Audrey Pettit said...

I've loved this adorable Simple Stories collection, too! And love, love the cards you've made with it! The small chipboard frame with the round Santa image is such a great idea, and I love that tree you made from strips. The tags are super creative. Love all the vellum snowflakes and stitching and staples, too!

Cindy Hall said...

These are gorgeous cards. The two challenges paired really well. I love those colors for Christmas cards. Happy New Year, and thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

01 09 10