Saturday, March 8, 2014

Trendsetter with 2 different looks

I haven't had a lot of crafty time lately.  Just finished up report cards and now am getting ready for Europe.  My daughter and I leave on Friday and will be back on the 25th - lots to do before then!

I decided to play along with a couple of sketches and use some of my Trendsetter collection by Fancy Pants.  So little of this collection left in my stash, one of my all time favorite collections ever! I have also used some chipboard from Creative Embellishments and Studio Calico (stars) along with some MFT dies.


As I was making this card I thought it would make a good baby boy card, which is not what it started out to be!

I was inspired by this sketch from Unscripted Sketches. 

And a totally different look, a card that can be used for a number of occasions. The chipboard is from Creative Embellishments.

I was inspired by this weeks sketch from Retro Sketches




10 comments:

Rose said...

awesome cards girl :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeee the colors and those stars!!!!

Jeanne said...

Excellent cards, Laurel. You are so good at layering goodies! Ooooh...how exciting for you and your daughter. This week may just drag and drag as you anticipate your upcoming adventures!

Tammy said...

wonderfully put together cards! love all the elements!!

~amy~ said...

Looks awesome! Glad you were able to get crafty!

Nora Noll said...

What great cards!! I love that baby card. The stitched pp square kind of reminds me of a baby quilt. I also love how you used the slide frame on the second card. The little elements tucked into it look fabulous.

dstandard said...

Both your cards are awesome! Love them! Thanks for playing at US!

Morgan Vogt said...

I love how retro your card looks - awesome job!

Billie A said...

Both cards are wonderful. I love the one you did for US it's an awesome take on the sketch and I love the colors. Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at US.

Rebecca Ednie said...

I almost missed this card because it didn't look like much as a thumbnail. But I'm so glad I did check it out because it's amazing ! I do try to comment on a few more cards than my basic comment rotation and I'm glad I picked this one. I like the anchor and the stars and the tone on tone die cut lettering. Stitching them all on was brilliant! Your other card is amazing too. I do hope you will play with us again because it can't wait to see more of your cards! Thank You for playing with us at Unscripted Sketches this week! Please come again.

01 09 10